Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gunther's Garten



Gunther's Garten is a local German (hence the spelling) garden center. I have painted his flowers for years and I go not so much for the scenic florals, but more for the entertainment. Gunther was a child in Germany during WWII and he has a never-ending supply of engaging stories about his experiences and the human condition during that time. My uncle, like Gunther, came from Europe after the war with many stories also. I find their lives an interesting contrast to our comparitively common American upbringing....and his annuals are nice too. Sold

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karyl -- Love your site. Great comments with your paintings. Very engaging. By the way, here a link to my blog entry with the pdf.

    See you soon.

    http://barbarabaur.blogspot.com/2007/11/blog-post.html

    Barb

    ReplyDelete